Saturday, August 1, 2009

My Custom-made PCLinuxOS LXDE 2009.4


I like KDE as my sole working DE on PCLinuxOS but LXDE has always fascinated me. Neal has ultimately released the working LXDE Remaster of PCLinuxOS and I installed it as dual boot with my PCLinuxOS KDE4 .

It has no apparent issues,everything is running perfectly smooth because it has PCLinuxOS as backbone plus Neal has worked a lot on this LXDE remaster .

Graphics are purely LXDE oriented and that is a good addition. LXDE Control Center along with PCLinuxOS Control Center gives me full control to configure my system according to my computer`s hardware and desktop requirement.

Neal released a basic ISO upon which one can build a system according to one`s own requirements. I added some packages which me and my daughter share on this computer.

I am sure this LXDE version of PCLinuxOS is going to be yet another successful addition to already existing sister projects.

Thanks to Neal and Texstar for all his good and efforts.

No comments: